Students will graduate prepared and motivated to succeed in their choice of career and higher education and to contribute to the common good.
Palm Springs Unified School District is an open enrollment district. This means that:
- You may choose to apply to send your child(ren) to any school (except to Mt. San Jacinto Continuation High School) in PSUSD.
- Approvals are made based upon space availability.
- As of August 5, 2016 transfers will be closed for the first semester of the 2016/17 school year.
- Requests for an Intra-District Transfer for the second semester of the 2016/2017 school year may be submitted between November 1, 2016 and December 2, 2016.
- As of December 2, 2016 all transfers will be closed for the 2016/17 school year. Parents must re-apply for the next approval period if you continue to be interested in the Intra-district transfer.
- If your child is currently on an approved Intra-District Transfer, you are not required to apply again as long as your child remains in the same school.
- If you move out of PSUSD boundaries you will need to secure an Inter-District transfer from your District of Residence, if you would like your child to remain in a PSUSD school.
Intra-District Transfer applications can be submitted online(click on the link below) or electronically through our computer stations in Student Services' office from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 980 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way Ste. 101, Palm Springs.
To apply for an Inter-District transfer please click here.(Outside PSUSD)
Please click below to download the complete Open Enrollment Letter: